DMCA.com Protection Status
top of page
  • Ảnh của tác giảNguyễn Ngọc Phóng

Chu Xa Communal Hall Worship Chu Dong Tu


Introduction to Chử Xá Communal Hall  Chử Xá Communal Hall is a historical and cultural relic located in Chử Xá village, Văn Đức commune, Gia Lâm district, Hanoi. Based on available historical documents such as legends, royal decrees, offerings, and historical records, Chử Xá Communal Hall, dedicated to Chử Đồng Tử and Princess Tiên Dung, Consort Hữu, and the Four Guardian Deities, including Consort Càn Hải, can be traced back to the 17th century. Subsequent historical periods saw major renovations and repairs to the communal hall. The inscription of the Thành Thái era (1895) on the main hall's lintel indicates that the architectural structure of the relic is a product of 19th-century Vietnamese architecture.
Chu Xa Communal Hall

1 The legend of Chử Đồng Tử and Princess Tiên Dung


According to legend, Chử Đồng Tử was born into a poor family, growing up by the riverbank and making a living by catching shrimp and fish. One day, while working, Chử Đồng Tử encountered Princess Tiên Dung. Fearing and feeling embarrassed by the princess's presence, Chử quickly buried himself under a large pile of sand.


Tiên Dung, upon witnessing this unexpected event, decided to build a boat to rescue Chử Đồng Tử. When the boat was ready and the bathing tent was set up, Tiên Dung discovered Chử hiding beneath the sand pit. Believing it to be fate, Tiên Dung and Chử Đồng Tử were married.


Subsequently, Chử Đồng Tử and Tiên Dung journeyed to Mount Quỳnh Viên, offshore, to learn skills and magic from a Buddhist monk named Quang. Chử later passed on this knowledge to Tiên Dung. One day, as they arrived at Tự Nhiên Beach and the sky began to darken, Chử Đồng Tử leaned on his stick and rested his hat. Immediately, a castle appeared in that spot.


Upon hearing rumors of this event, King Hùng Vương believed that Tiên Dung and Chử Đồng Tử had gone astray and sent soldiers to hunt them down. While the soldiers surrounded them, the two performed a magic trick, transforming into flying birds and soaring into the sky.


This location later became a deep pond called Nhất Dạ (now in Châu Giang district). Chử Đồng Tử, along with three others, Thánh Tản Viên, Thánh Gióng, and Lady Liễu, were honored as the "Four Immortals" of Vietnam in the realm of legend and national tradition.


Chử Xá Communal Hall Festival
Chử Xá Communal Hall Festival

2 Introduction to Chử Xá Communal Hall


Chử Xá Communal Hall is a historical and cultural relic located in Chử Xá village, Văn Đức commune, Gia Lâm district, Hanoi (Kim Đức Ward) . Based on available historical documents such as legends, royal decrees, offerings, and historical records, Chử Xá Communal Hall, dedicated to Chử Đồng Tử and Princess Tiên Dung, Consort Hữu, and the Four Guardian Deities, including Consort Càn Hải, can be traced back to the 17th century.


Subsequent historical periods saw major renovations and repairs to the communal hall. The inscription of the Thành Thái era (1895) on the main hall's lintel indicates that the architectural structure of the relic is a product of 19th-century Vietnamese architecture.


Chử Xá Communal Hall is built on elevated land, facing south towards the Red River. The architectural layout follows the style of a "two-entrance, three-yard" structure, with the front yard for worshipping and the rear yard for administrative purposes.


To the left of the worship yard is the altar of the two Consorts, Đương Niên and Đương Cảnh. The rear hall is the most solemn and dignified place for worshiping the Female Deities, Consort Càn Hải Đại Vương, Chử Đồng Tử, and the two Consorts. The communal hall preserves a collection of valuable historical and artistic artifacts.


Every year, on the 17th, 18th, and 19th days of the first lunar month, the people of Văn Đức commune hold a traditional festival in Chử Xá village to commemorate the contributions of these figures.



Legend has it that there were two large banyan trees within the communal hall, several hundred years old, with thick trunks that could not be encircled by 10-20 people. Unfortunately, both trees no longer exist; one was destroyed by bombing in 1954, and the other was toppled by a storm in 1968.


Currently, within the precincts of the communal hall, there are two banyan trees planted later. The tree on the left side of the main gate, entering the communal hall, is over 60 years old, while the tree on the right is under 50 years old.


Chử Xá Communal Hall houses 44 royal decrees and a Mac dynasty lampstand, with the earliest decree dating back to the third year of Dương Đức (1675).


Chử Xá Communal Hall and Chử Cù Vân Mausoleum are two exemplary historical, cultural, and artistic relics of the 18th-19th centuries, classified as National Historical and Architectural Relics by the State in 1990. In 2020, the Chử Xá Communal Hall festival was included in the list of intangible cultural heritage of the nation.

1.974 lượt xem0 bình luận

Bài đăng liên quan

Xem tất cả

Yorumlar

5 üzerinden 0 yıldız
Henüz hiç puanlama yok

Puanlama ekleyin

Làm việc: 08h:00 - 21:00 T2 - CN

  • zalo
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest

Địa chỉ: Số 05,Ngõ 169, Kim Lan, Gia Lâm, Hà Nội

Hotline: Ms Huong 0962.334.368 (Zalo)

Mr Phong 0977.373.386 (Whatsapp)

KINH ĐÔ GỐM SỨ GIA DỤNG

logo-gốm-sứ-kim-lan-hà-nội
English
Tiếng Việt
đánh giá trung bình là 3 /5, dựa trên 150 bình chọn
bottom of page